Little Rishi

.....a blog about personal finance, motivational stories, deals, and special offers

Books
Amazon.com
Web Domain Registration
Go Daddy $12.99 Turbo SSL Sale!
Trusted by over 7 million customers!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
How to fix the problem of upside down monitor display?
Yesterday, when I turned on my Desktop computer, the monitor display was upside down. Similarly, the mouse was working in reverse - to point to any button on the right, I had to move the mouse to the left.

Initially, I thought it was because of some issue with the monitor. I played with the buttons on the monitor and tried to adjust various settings but to no effect - the display was still inverted, with all characters displayed upside down. I also right-clicked on the Desktop and checked the properties of the monitor but nothing worked. I finally hooked up the spare monitor but the problem persisted. However, now I knew that the problem was not with the monitor but with my PC itself.

Finally, after doing some research on the Web, I discovered the solution - I had to hit the Control-Alt-Up arrow keys and that resolved the issue. I guess, I accidentally must have hit some wrong key when hitting Control-Alt-Del but after I pressed the the Control-Alt-Up arrow keys simultaneously, the issue was resolved. Seems these keys will also resolve the issue if there is a sideways display on the monitor. While I have Windows XP, the above method may also resolve issues in Windows Vista.

If the above fix doesn't work, check out the tips on the following article:

XP-Tips.com: Upside Down or Sideways Monitor Display


Please see Disclosures and Disclaimer

Labels:

posted by Little Rishi @ Wednesday, November 04, 2009  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

See important Disclosure and Disclaimer

Favorite Quote
"Work is worship".
                - Author Unknown
Disclosure
This site, including blog posts, may contain reviews, links, banners, text and other forms of advertisements for products, services, courses, and so forth of companies of which we may be an affiliate member or for which we may get paid for referrals. This site may also contain blog posts for which we are paid, as well as blog posts regarding products or services of companies from which we may have received complimentary products or services.
Reward Surveys/Panels/Shopping/Contests
survey_reward_120x60
Job Search site
Indeed Jobs
Yahoo! HotJobs - Job Postings
Monster
CareerBuilder
Credit Cards
Insurance
Health: eHealthInsurance

Travel
Phone Service
Investing
TheStreet.com 120x120 Best Seller Giveaway
Questrade
Babysitters
Find the perfect babysitter at Sittercity.com
Previous Posts
Archives
Disclaimers, Privacy Policy, and Disclosures
  • Disclaimer

  • Privacy Policy

  • Disclosures
  • Subscribe to Blog Posts
    Add to Google Reader or 

Homepage
    Bookmark this blog site
    Contact Me

    Email